It’s Sunday once again and here is the rundown of our church escapades:
1) Emily didn’t want to go to church so I used the acceptable Catholic guilt. ‘Emily, God died for your sins so he wants to see you because you know, he died for you and all.’ And Emily came back with ‘God didn’t die… that was Jesus.’
2) Nicholas said he didn’t want to go to church and I tried to explain to him that church can be fun. I said ‘I like singing.’ And Nicholas said ‘I like when we leave.’
3)Vincent wanted to know how Jesus died but when you tell your son that people put nails in his hands and feet, and then he suffocated, it just leads to more questions.
4) Our rule is hands to yourself but Vincent just kept rubbing his head on my arm and purring like a cat.
5) I was praying with my eyes closed and Nicholas tried to look down my shirt. He was successful.
6) Emily thought it would be OK to pick her nose.
7) the boys thought God would want to see them wrestle and body slam each other on the pew.
8) When I pray, I sometimes cry. My kids were scared and when I told them that God was talking to me, they were really alarmed and got defensive…
‘what did he say to you?’
9) My kids told me that God didn’t care if you laid on the pew because he could still see you.
10)Emily saw a picture of Michael the Arc Angel and insisted that it was Batman. Parental fail.
Glad we went to mass. I couldn’t even tell you what the readings were about. Probably because we walked in when the Gospel was being read.
Until next time,
Batman is watching