Yes, I am a teacher. Hate me if you must but this is a long, well-deserved and much needed break. It’s a break from the chaos of the classroom and the sense of entitlement from the students. Just to give you an example, I had a student who had a 69% and expected that I would give this person a 70% to bump him up to a C.
So naturally, I did what any teacher would do and I laughed… like in his face. Not laughed… like cackled. I practically peed my pants… and then I started the summer countdown. (Actually it started last August but let’s not split hairs…)
This is a top ten list of my first day of summer…
1) I woke up in sheer panic at 7am because I thought I was late for work.
2) I actually was able to eat breakfast. Like at home.
4) I usually tape Good Morning America and watch it at night. I watched it in the morning. Wow… progress.
4) I day drank with great friends… like all day. Safely of course.
5)I laughed. Like out loud and genuinely. Probably because I was drinking. Could you imagine if teachers could drink at work? We would laugh all the time. Oh wait… I laugh at kids often enough.
6) I did whatever I want… all day long.
7) I peed freely. Like when I had to. I peed like five times today. When I teach I sometimes don’t even pee because there isn’t enough time.
8)I had lunch… for an hour. I ate for an hour.
9) no one called me mom. And I’m not talking about my personal children… my high school kids call me mom. Like all 120 of them. I want to change my name.
10)I was free. Like a pig with wings… mostly because that is what I look like in my bathing suit. But I was free… I ate, I day drank, I peed, I laughed till I cried, I laughed till I peed.
And tomorrow is just day two of freedom. I mean I have one doctor’s appointment and two therapy appointments but I can go there freely and probably use the office bathroom to pee. I’m excited.
Until next time,
Maybe I will write a blog soon or maybe not because I can do what I want bitches. Haha. ♡