I am finding that I am happy this week. I am actually using skills I have learned in therapy to help me in life and help me deal with my issues.
My children are amazing but I find having skills to deal with them in hard times has been extremely helpful to my well-being and also their existence. Here are some things they have done to let me know that, yes, my therapist is amazing and I am getting the skills I need to get through.
1) all three of my kids have come up to me, poke my belly and say ‘Hey big fat belly.’
2) Nicholas tells me everyday, very sweetly that I am going to die tomorrow. So precious.
3) They are literally only talking to me in quotes from kid shows. I have no idea what they are saying and then they laugh at me. I think they have created their own language that no adult can understand unless I intently watch, Miles from Tomorrowland, Caillou, PJ Masks and Sam Sandwich.
4) Everyday I ask them what they want for lunch and everyday they don’t eat it. I have fed the birds more then I have fed my own children at this point.
5) They will randomly strip and wait for me to look up only to see their junk swaying in the wind.
6) The boys get naked and then rub their butts on each other’s pillows and bed. Gross and pink eye is in our future.
7) They try to feed me their boogers. I am clearly on a diet and they don’t understand that boogers are not on the menu. Like ever.
8) Emily told me her vagina hurt yesterday and then asked me to take her to the vagina store. New vaginas in aisle 5!
9) Vincent has been doing his best to scare everyone. Do you know what that does to me when he pops out of nowhere and says ‘ahh!’ Followed by some inaudible quote from one of his TV shows?
10) Sometimes they just come up to me and lick my face. Grossest thing ever. Especially when they sometimes lick in adamant objects like the fence or your friends tent before they kick my face.
So in times of trouble, I use my skills to make sure I still have three children when the sun goes down…
Until next time,
I have to make dinner and it will not be boogers or a side of fence.