Well, my friends, this is it. My kids are in camp… like allllll morning, allllll week long. Holy shit, I can’t believe it. It has only been like an hour since I dropped the boys off at bible camp and Emily at ballet camp but oh my goodness what a feeling.
Here is a list of things I have done since they have been dropped off in these last two days:
1) I may have ran through the church lobby screaming ‘I’m free!’
2) I dropped off Emily and a little piece of me was sad because she is my baby girl. But then I grabbed a hold of myself and sped away with a giant grin on my face.
3) I watched Good Morning America in real time and drank a cup of coffee.
4) I went to the bathroom, with… wait for it… the door wide open.
5) I went out with a friend and had a real conversation that didn’t include quoting kid TV shows.
6) I thought about cleaning the house but then I changed my mind.
7) I went to Starbucks.
8) I was so excited about my freedom yesterday that I forgot to make dinner. Joe had tuna fish on crackers and I had ice cream.
9) I sat in the house and listened to nothing.
10) I was going to celebrate with a drink but realized it was 9am and picking up children after day drinking while they are at bible camp is probably frowned upon.
11) I made appointments with all my doctors because I had to adult. I was supposed to make an appointment with the neurologist because since my major car accident, I have had problems with short term memory but I realized, while writing this, I forgot to do that. Ironic.
12) I decided after I picked all the kids up, that I am getting my tubes tied. Tie those bad boys up…
And here is my update because I started this blog yesterday…
I went to pick up the boys at bible camp yesterday and the director said ‘I need to talk to you.’
Well, I know what that means…
Nicholas decided not to participate. Ok whatever. Vincent on the other hand, was climbing on top of… wait for it… the Virgin Mary and trying to knock her down. Wtf? Let’s not try to hurt Jesus’ mom- like that’s the ultimate. Jesus is going to leave the right hand of God and come down and kick my kids ass.
Until next time,
Check back for any updates on camp… there will probably be more. Maybe the boys will break into the tabernacle.