As Summer 2016 comes to a close, I have created this list about what I will not miss… like ever:
1) McDonald’s. Not really but my kids always want to go here and it’s fast and easy and doesn’t require cooking… or thinking.
2) My kids thinking that if they go to the pool they have now had a bath. Joe told them that was an acceptable means of showering. My kids stink.
3) Everyday… fucking Disney Junior shows.
4) Cailou. He gets his own spot because he is the worst and we should probably burn him at the stake or something… he would probably whine less.
5) My kids not doing their summer reading. I blame myself.
6) Summer reading… just all together; mine, theirs. I used to be excited about it but not this year.
7) Knowing that you should have been doing something educational with your kids all summer because Nicholas just asked me how to spell his name.
8) Being in a swimsuit.
9) Being a constant entertainer for my kids, although, I will miss their faces… I will not miss the juggling.
10) The way my kids constantly have to be in the kitchen and eat. They are so demanding: breakfast, lunch, dinner… over and over… every damn day.
Things I will miss:
1) my bed.
2) my kids laughing at my stupid jokes.
3) day drinking by the river with great friends.
Until next time,
Work will never take my freedom. Oh wait.
Ps- this post is dedicated to my great friends on the river.
And another PS- check back on Monday morning for the annual post about why I am excited to go back to work. Apparently it’s a classic among teachers.
This is for my river friends. Thanks for always being there and making me laugh. Xo