So I find that when I am the most depressed, I don’t write a lot of funny stories. If you want funny, go back like a week ago.
So when I am depressed, it helps to write. Read it if you want because it is going to be honest writing laced with a shit ton of sarcasm.
This blog is going to be about depression and ways to get through it…
1) I’m depressed.
I need you to say: think positively. Just kidding. Don’t say that unless it is followed by, ‘think positively about a drink I can buy you.’
2) I’m so emotionally exhausted from life.
I need you to say: rest your head on my lap and I will pet you like a dog since you were a dog in a past life.
3) I really want to rip off your face because your dumb look makes me want to beat you with a giant 2 x 4.
I need you to say: would you like that 2 x 4 to be oak or birch?
4) I am having an anxiety attack.
I need you to say: would you like a brown paper bag or a plastic bag because plastic could end the misery.
5) I am having anger issues and I feel like I might murder someone.
I need you to say: let me bring you someone from your hit list.
6) I don’t feel like getting out of bed because life is too hard.
I need you to say: get the fuck out of bed and start the day. I will throw a shot of Bailey’s in your coffee.
7) I say I don’t like the bullshit that is pouring out of your mouth.
I need you to say: I will find the duct tape.
8) I tell you I can’t take life anymore.
I need you to say: let’s do this Thelma and Louise style.
9) I tell you that I need a break.
I need you to say: let’s get drunk and escape this place for a while.
10) I say life in general is forcing me to use therapeutic skills and it’s still not working because sometimes life is like a giant asshole.
I need you to say: I understand that there isn’t enough therapeutic skills that could deal with this world because sometimes life just blows a big chunk of ass when you are down. Here’s a drink, some ice cream and bacon; now excuse me while I grab the duct tape and 2 x 4 for you.
Until next time,
I have to get out of this mindset because I am starting to spiral. I can’t hit rock bottom again.