I love taking pictures of abandoned places. For some reason it makes me happy and it’s a great distraction when I am in a bad, emotional place.
Today I went to an abandoned tower that ironically was burned down over the weekend. Too little, too late. Literally. There was nothing left but I learned some things on my ‘walk.’
This is what happened to me:
- I couldn’t find it, so I was that shady driver that was going up and down the road looking for an abandoned building.
- I finally broke down and asked for directions on what the best route was to trespass.
- I found out it burned down this past weekend. Son. Of. A. Bitch.
- The guy told me to go to the end of the road and it was only a 1/4 mile walk. 1/4 mile my ass. It was like a mile or ten.
- I wore flip flops because I just keep my equipment in the car and then randomly decide to shoot. Bad idea.
- My flip flops aren’t exactly sturdy and they don’t have a lot of cushion and mud and rocks and dirt and bugs and deadly grass can easily get inside and hurt my feet. I currently have one muddy foot and one bloody foot and I am heading upstairs to therapy.
- I was alone. I started sinking in mud… all I could picture was The Never Ending Story, I was drowning in the mud. It was up to my ankles and I lost a flip flop.
- My concussion doesn’t allow me to remember things so when a couple told me about a cool graveyard, I went the wrong way and walked another mile loop where there were lots of bugs.
- I don’t like bugs. They have multiple eyes and they are still flying and jumping into me. I am a 22o lb woman… can’t you see this body? The space station can see this body… why not bugs?
- I literally walked like three miles in the heat, by myself, no sunglasses and in flip flops for like four pictures. Totally not worth it.
Until next time,
Sneakers are a must and bugs can kiss my ass.