So this morning, I overslept and apparently turned off my alarm without realizing it. Instead, I woke up to the sound of my daughter rolling off our bed and slamming into the night stand. Man, was I awake after that and then I did my usual routine… sat in the bathroom and listened to the silence and thought about how awake that one moment made me and that’s when I came up with an ingenious idea…
Alarm clocks that will get your blood pumping and get you out of bed the first time. Here are my top ten ideas for sounds or scenarios; they’re mine so don’t steal them…
- The sound that your dog or cat makes right before it throws up.
- When you can hear a toddler playing in the background and then there is nothing but silence.
- The scream a kid makes when they get hurt and then the silent cry right after because you know shit is about to get real.
- That moment when you are stuck in traffic and your kid says, ‘I have to go to the bathroom really bad.’
- The rumbling stomach of someone who just ate Mexican food.
- A wet fart that comes from a child that you created.
- When someone screams, ‘Get out of bed! You overslept again!’ Except you didn’t over sleep… it’s just your new alarm.
- When your kid comes to you in the middle of the night and says they have to throw up. Basically anything that has to do with throw up.
- When you are dead asleep and someone says, ‘did you hear that?’
- Your least favorite smell…For me, the word or smell of mint. I would kill someone, or just get to work on time.
And that’s my idea. You’re welcome… because of me, we may all be on time.
Until next time,
What was that? Oh, that’s the sound of me finally being on time.