Top Ten Reasons Why Thanksgiving is Awesome:
1) We are having brunch. A little eggs and some turkey… best of both worlds but the best part is that it starts at 11am and ends at 11:15am. Get them in and get them out.
2) The debate you will have about Clinton vs. Trump. Eventually there will be a food fight and if you are smart you will just leave your mouth open and catch the food as it is thrown in your face. That way you never have to move from the couch.
3) Some people may say that 11am is too early to drink… not me… wine mixed with fruit sounds pretty damn healthy. Bring on the sangria!
4) Look at number 3. You need alcohol to get through the holidays… you might as well start early.
5) A bunch of guys all sweaty and in tight pants. So sexy… I’m not talking about your husband after a big meal… I’m talking about football.
6) Plastic table cloth, paper plates and plastic silverware… when everyone is done, I’m wrapping the tablecloth up and throwing it all away. Dishes are done bitches.
7) Leftovers. While you are stuffing your face with more of what you have every thanksgiving since your great grandma made peace with the Native Americans, I will be eating leftover bacon. Bacon I said.
8) I can’t wait till the conversation goes south… literally. Eventually, we will start talking about the weather coming in from the Gulf creating some snowstorm that is connecting with cold air out of Minnesota. We live in Delaware. Until it is going to close my school… I don’t want to hear about it.
9) I can’t wait to hear about how no one can believe it’s Thanksgiving already… just yesterday it was the summer. Yeah people, it’s called time. Time does that… it allows a new day to come and go.
10) If someone mentions Christmas is right around the corner they are going to get suckered punched. Let Tom have his day.
Until next time,
Enjoy your holiday season!
Love, Allison xo