So tonight I had a missed call from the snow line. You have to imagine my excitement when I saw that I was getting a message from the snow line.
As I listened to the message, all my hopes and dreams were dashed because it’s about voting for the referendum. A referendum that is extremely important but I don’t live in the school district.
Here are the top 10 reasons why I should never hear from the snow line unless it’s about snow.
1. Don’t call and welcome me in the beginning of the school year. I am devastated that it’s August.
2. I don’t need to know that it is meet the coaches night. I’m a teacher… not an athlete. Have you seen this body? If I was a cheerleader, I would be the one at the bottom of the pyramid.
3. Don’t call me to tell me about appropriate dress code. You’re lucky I’m wearing clothes.
4. I don’t need to know the cost of prom tickets. My first two proms were enough of a disaster.
5. I don’t need to know about graduation practice… I will be in high school for another twenty years to life. I would like to know about retirement practice.
6. I don’t need to know about special educational events because I am probably already stuck there- you don’t have to remind me.
7. I don’t need to know that the superintendent sent me an actual letter about the start of school. I know the letter is coming you don’t need to remind me… ever.
8. I don’t need reminders about basketball games or when we play that team across town. Unnecessary.
9. I don’t care that after school activities are cancelled due to impending weather. I still get out at 2:45 p.m… there’s no looking back.
10. Don’t call me to remind me that there is construction. I’m going that way on purpose because I don’t want to be on time for school. Besides, the whole town is under construction.
The only time the snow line should call me, is if there is a sultry man on the other side telling me that there is no school due to the following: snow, a fog delay, cold temperatures or impending doom.
Until next time,
I miss the sultry man