It’s the last day before winter break and this is what your child’s teacher is really thinking:
1. Why did we have to go the full four days? Is it because the higher ups like to torture us?
2. The kids were literally hanging off my cabinets yesterday and walking on my countertops. Why? Because. When I told them to get down, they responded with ‘why?’ Wtf.
3. Administration wants me to teach bell to bell. Bahahaha.
4. No breaks allowed. No movies. No parties- it has to be all academic until the last bell of the day. haha… yeah, ok.
5. My students are researching photographers for their final project. I’m researching where the cheapest case of wine is located in the tri-state area.
6. My students haven’t worked all week. You should just keep your high schoolers home because they would be more productive sleeping at home instead of in my classroom.
7. So help me God if I get observed today…I will slit my wrists with post-it notes.
8. Come to my school tomorrow; bring me a cookie and a flask.
9. It’s jeans day- that’s special. As special as spending those last few hours with your beautiful children who are currently hanging from my rafters.
10. I’m counting down the hours till I can drink and be in my pajamas all day long. But don’t get me wrong… I will be thinking about your kids during the twelve days that I have off.
Thinking about them and counting down the moments till I get to teach them new things in the new year. After all, the children are our future and I will teach them well and let them lead the way.
Until next time,
I will show them all the beauty they possess inside while picking up my case of wine.