This is a list of shenanigans that happened at mass:
1) The offering basket went around but not before Nicholas tried to take out a fist full of money.
2) Emily poked my back and asked me what the bubbles were on my back and I said ‘back fat.’ Then she screamed out, ‘I love your back fat!’
3) Emily looked me straight in my eyes and said, ‘Look at me. I’m Jesus.’
4) During every song Vincent danced but swaying to the song was not his dance. He danced like he was at a rave… all he needed was glow sticks.
5) The priest had a cheery message about a man on drugs who wanted to kill himself but found Jesus instead. Of course this was the first and only sermon Vincent had ever listened to and then alot of questions followed.
6) Emily just kept yelling out about how boring church was and how much she wanted to go home… while spinning in circles.
7) It was fun when my youngest two fought over my lap. With my muffin top, there is less room to sit. There is a whole bench but why sit on the bench when you can partially sit on your mom?
8) I enjoyed when the congregation said the ‘Our Father,’ and Emily tapped me and said, ‘They are saying our prayer!’
9) Emily recognized, ‘Silent Night’ and started singing all angelic and then suddenly turned to me and started singing a heavy metal version.
10) Once church was finally over, Emily turned to Vincent and said, ‘feel my finger. Touch it. Touch my finger… it’s wet.’ So precious.
Until next time,
Dance like you are raving and pray like you made up the ‘Our Father.’