The last 48 hours have been quite stressful over this holiday break. Here is a list, because I like lists, but here is a list of the horrible sounds of vacation:
- We have to leave Christmas dinner because Nicholas is sick. Result: no dessert for us.
- Nicholas’ temperature is 105.7 and he needs to go to the hospital. Result: Nicholas slept in a hospital wagon while Joe waited till 4am to find out that Nicholas had ‘flu like symptoms but not the flu…’
- Giving your son a bath to get his temperature down but then you react with cat-like reflexes because he starts the puking fest. Result: I had to actually clean the bathtub.
- Your son sprinting to the bathroom only to barf up all the medicine he took moments ago. Result: you are proud of his sprinting time and more proud that he made it to the toilet.
- The horrible sounds of your son asking if you can help him put together his LEGOS. Result: I got to step four in an hour and then had to give up because I was going to burn it. I handed it over to Joe who had to take it apart twice because apparently I can’t follow directions.
- When your little girl wants you to play Barbies but she is one Barbie and you are sixty-three other Barbies and fifteen ponies. Result: I don’t have enough high pitched voices to perform on this type of stage and you can only ‘neigh,’ so many times.
- When you are playing Barbies and using your imagination to go with the story but instead your daughter says, ‘no… pretend you said this…’ Result: someone just stifled my creativity.
- When you wake up in the morning and the first thing you hear is the sound of your son dumping out the box of LEGOS. Result: tears.
- The whiny, bitch sounds of Calliou in the morning. Result: resisting the urge to burn the tv.
- Shortly after waking up, you are asked to be Barbie’s horse… again. Result: well, there is none… I have to go play Barbies now.
Until next time,