And here we are again… another chance to prove that if I take my life minute by minute I can survive being with my children without alcohol. The dumbest thing I gave up for the new year is drinking… I now have no escape.
Today’s adventures included a lot of the same things as yesterday… it’s like groundhog’s day but Bill Murray is no where in sight.
1) This morning started at 2:25am when Emily woke me up to put her slippers back on. I walked her back to bed and as I went to slip her slipper back on like the Cinderella she is, she whispered to me, ‘nevermind, I don’t want my slippers on.’
Cool. I am glad you woke me up.
2) My kids wanted to go outside. I tried to explain frostbite to them… it didn’t go well. They played outside for 15 whole minutes. I stayed inside in my pajamas drinking hot coffee like a trooper.
3) Well, it finally happened. Vincent murdered the Ivory soap and dismembered the body.
4) I needed to take a bath because I was freezing and I needed to get away from the little people. I was in the bathtub for 10 minutes and fell asleep. I woke up to Emily getting in the bathtub with me so we could play mermaids. No, nothing weird about that. Fast forward to twenty years down the road and Emily is telling a therapist that it all started with her mom…
5) I asked the kids to let me have quiet time. The rules were that I could take a nap without anyone waking me up and the other rule was they were not allowed to fight. I was woken up to see if they could have a popsicle, cut open the popsicle, open a bag of carrots and find the ranch dressing. Man, I never felt so refreshed. There is something invigorating about being woken up every ten minutes.
6) Emily got like ten new canisters of Play-doh for Christmas. I hate the stuff because it smells weird so like any good mom, I let it dry out if they don’t put it away. I am hoping that we will have zero canisters by tomorrow. I will be praying to sweet baby Jesus this evening.
7) Speaking of Play-doh, my kids thought it was a good idea to put the Play-doh all over my face. It was like a mud mask but the kid version. As I am telling Vincent I hate it, he is deeply breathing into a handful of Play-doh and telling me it smells like paradise. Ok, weirdo.
8) Currently, my kids are playing some zombie game and are eating each other’s brains. But naturally we have to do this in complete darkness. My house looks like it is not occupied.
… this is my current view from my couch… it is also the way my soul feels being home with these kids today.
9) They are saying weird things… right now it is, ‘lightness is arising.’ What? Guaranteed they will all have nightmares tonight.
10) We just left to go out to dinner. Temperatures are in the single digits and once everyone was belted in, Vincent let us know he didn’t have any shoes on. It’s. Single. Digit. Temperatures. Doesn’t your body switch on and let you know you are cold?
Until next time,
It’s only January 5th and I can see myself breaking my New Year’s resolution already. Like pretty hardcore. Body shots and shit.